Looks like we’re shutting down over Covid-19. We did not take this decision lightly. There are numerous factors that came into play here aside from public sentiment.
1) Dodgeball contains an unusually high amount of physical contact with bodily fluid given the nature of our sport
2) In the last 24 hours the scare has ramped up significantly
3) Most major sporting organizations have shut down
How will this affect teams with games left?
1) We are asking to cancel the gym space. So far EECC has already said they will not charge us. We will have to wait for responses from Norberry, Sinclair Park, and Winakwa before we determine what amount we can refund the teams
2) All teams that did not make playoffs will have their games cancelled and will receive free drop-ins for all rostered players equivalent to the number of games they will miss. (2 for Sunday teams, 1 for Monday teams, 1 for Thursday teams)
3) All teams with playoff games left to be played will have them postponed. We will attempt to reschedule these games before next season, if possible. If, in the unlikely scenario, we cannot reschedule these games, they will be cancelled as well and we will look at refunds for the affected teams.
How does this affect Spring season?
We are very hopeful that, given the 5 weeks between now and then, Spring should happen as planned. If for some reason it cannot, and there are cancellations or delays of the season, teams will be reimbursed proportionally to the amount they were affected. (Example, if we have to cancel the first game only, you would receive a refund of 1/9 of your team fees)
This has been budgeted for and your money is safe with us. We will act ethically and responsibly to ensure the season happens in whatever capacity is possible given the nature of the current situation.