Drop-ins start back up on June 1st. See you there!
The winter windup is at Movado’s June 16th at 8:00pm. Medals/Beer will be handed out at 9:00 and Karaoke starts at 10:00 so come on down!
This summer, continuing with our tradition of themed team names for the summer season, we are asking teams to make cheese puns. Each team with some form of cheese pun in their name will earn $25 for D’Arcy’s ARC.
How does it work?
Ricotta Catch ’em All, Winnipeg Cheese-Stringers, etc. etc. we want to see your team name filled with cheese!
Why do we do it?
D’Arcy’s ARC is an important animal shelter in Winnipeg. They are demonstrably one of the best no-kill shelters as they provide a humane environment for their animals whilst in their care. They were recently robbed of their medical supplies and in need of donations to help recover what was lost. We will donate $25 from the team fees of every team with a cheesy name.
Draft registration opens to the Public May 29th. If you are currently in draft, make sure you register before then to secure your spot! There will only be room for 64 players total and we sold over half those spots during pre-registration so make sure you sign up ASAP to secure your spot.
We have been working on repairing/fixing the standings. If there are any issues with your team’s standings now, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and we will correct them right away.
Again, we apologize for the issues with the standings this season.
Summer season starts up July 9th, so we have opened up registration for team leagues today.
The cost will be $450 per team during early bird for all teams that sign up by 11:59pm June 11th. There are no games on long weekends. Late registration will be $495/team starting June 12th.
Summer season will be 9 games long (7 season, 2 playoffs) and there will be no games on long weekends.
We will be taking a short break during the Victoria Day Weekend, and will return Tuesday to answer any inquiries. We will open registration Tuesday afternoon for Summer Team League.
Thanks everyone, talk to you Tuesday!
Alright folks, we are back from the National Dodgeball Tournament in Barrie!
What does this mean?
- Draft scores will be entered shortly. We were going to do them on the plane but the iPad I brought with the photos of the scores got left at the airport so that did not happen
- Sunday schedules for the rest of the season will be entered shortly
- More games to be broadcast! While out in Ontario I broadcast a few games and did commentary on them, which I loved doing. In future DW will try to live stream more games and include commentary to help people interested in the game follow along and learn
- We will be opening registration for Summer season very shortly
On the horizon:
- We will be hosting a draft tournament soon
- Dodgeball Manitoba will be hosting a beach dodgeball tournament to raise funds for 2018 Nationals
- Summer teams that have a pun with a specific theme (like last summer) will have money from their registration fee donated to D’Arcy’s ARC to help them replace the medication that was stolen from their facility last night
- We will be fixing some house rules in Summer to align ourselves more closely with the international standard (ie: removing the 3, 2, 1 from the beginning of rounds and just starting rounds with a “Teams Ready…. *whistle*)
- WDBF style balls will become the standard for our league in Fall for sure, but possibly in summer if we get our order in time for the season
- We will host a “cattle call” for people to learn how to be a ref. It will be a day of free dodgeball, training, and at the end everyone who passes a test will become certified to ref for us (and other WDBF style leagues) and be eligible to pick up shifts. More info TBA as we figure out the logistics for this event
- We will be hosting a competitive 1v1 tournament to determine who deserves the title of best Sudden Death player
FAQs for spring:
Q: Why were the standings left for weeks without an update?
A: The employee of ours who is in charge of updating standings was spending a LOT of time covering shifts and putting out fires that developed, and the time that was normally allotted to data entry got used up solving more pressing issues
Q: Why are the Sunday schedules being released 1-2 weeks at a time?
A: We have to book a LOT of refs on that day who all work day jobs and most play on Sunday teams as well. We have to fit their reffing schedule around their playing/work schedule unlike a night such as Mondays (for example) where we have 2 refs doing the same shift all season.
Just a reminder Sundays are off May 14 and 21. We will put the schedule out when our team returns from the National Dodgeball Festival. Enjoy the break!
The summer draft registration will be open to current draft players May 8 until May 28. After pre registration closes, we will round up to the next 16 players (minimum 64) to decide how many spots will be available and open it to the public May 29.
Example: 84 players pre register, we will limit it to 96.
Example 2: 33 players pre register, we will limit it to 64.
Thanks and have a great day!