Alright folks, we are back from the National Dodgeball Tournament in Barrie!
What does this mean?
- Draft scores will be entered shortly. We were going to do them on the plane but the iPad I brought with the photos of the scores got left at the airport so that did not happen
- Sunday schedules for the rest of the season will be entered shortly
- More games to be broadcast! While out in Ontario I broadcast a few games and did commentary on them, which I loved doing. In future DW will try to live stream more games and include commentary to help people interested in the game follow along and learn
- We will be opening registration for Summer season very shortly
On the horizon:
- We will be hosting a draft tournament soon
- Dodgeball Manitoba will be hosting a beach dodgeball tournament to raise funds for 2018 Nationals
- Summer teams that have a pun with a specific theme (like last summer) will have money from their registration fee donated to D’Arcy’s ARC to help them replace the medication that was stolen from their facility last night
- We will be fixing some house rules in Summer to align ourselves more closely with the international standard (ie: removing the 3, 2, 1 from the beginning of rounds and just starting rounds with a “Teams Ready…. *whistle*)
- WDBF style balls will become the standard for our league in Fall for sure, but possibly in summer if we get our order in time for the season
- We will host a “cattle call” for people to learn how to be a ref. It will be a day of free dodgeball, training, and at the end everyone who passes a test will become certified to ref for us (and other WDBF style leagues) and be eligible to pick up shifts. More info TBA as we figure out the logistics for this event
- We will be hosting a competitive 1v1 tournament to determine who deserves the title of best Sudden Death player
FAQs for spring:
Q: Why were the standings left for weeks without an update?
A: The employee of ours who is in charge of updating standings was spending a LOT of time covering shifts and putting out fires that developed, and the time that was normally allotted to data entry got used up solving more pressing issues
Q: Why are the Sunday schedules being released 1-2 weeks at a time?
A: We have to book a LOT of refs on that day who all work day jobs and most play on Sunday teams as well. We have to fit their reffing schedule around their playing/work schedule unlike a night such as Mondays (for example) where we have 2 refs doing the same shift all season.