Confirmation of Identity
Referees may, at any time, ask a player to prove their identity. Obviously it would be impossible to enforce a roster policy if we did not have the right and the ability to confirm the identity of the players present at the games. Any player who refuses to prove who they are will not be permitted to play, or, if they have already played at least one round in the match, their team will forfeit the match.
Submitting/Changing your roster:
- Each team is allowed one free roster change during the season, but it must be done by the fifth game of the season. A roster must be submitted at least 24 hours before a game to be considered current for that game.
- We will not accept changes via email, they must be done by completing the roster form in its entirety. To submit/resubmit your roster, click here.
- If a player is permanently injured, please contact the league about sliding someone into their position. This will not count as your roster change, but the injured player will be removed from your roster. In order to use this rule, the injured player must not be playing on any other teams in the league for the remainder of the season. The replacement player must be approved by the league as being of equal or lesser skill. The injured player will not be permitted to return to the team for the remainder of the season.
- During registration, the league will set a deadline by which your roster must be submitted. Once this deadline is passed, any team without a submitted roster will lose their one free roster change for the season. The league will then begin setting further deadlines – for each one missed, your team will forfeit a season game. Do not let this happen, just submit your roster!
Team League spares policy (what you need to know for game-time):
- During regular season play, if your team wishes to bring players not on your roster you must contact the opposing captain for approval of up to 2 spares. 24 hours notice is ideal, so the opposing captain has time to reply. You must contact the captain at least two hours before the game and be able to provide proof to the league upon request (email@example.com) that you did so or your team will forfeit whether or not the opposing captain agrees to your subs. You will be requested to provide proof should there be any confusion between the two captains.
- If a player is injured less than 2 hours before the game starts, or during a game and you would play short, you may bring in a replacement with the permission of the opposing captain. If the player was injured more than 2 hours before the start time this rule does not apply.
- If a team wishes to play with more than 2 players that are not on their roster and the opposing captain agrees the game will be played and the score will be recorded but it will still count as a win for the opposing team.
- 18.104.22.168) the Men’s and Womens competitive divisions are exempt from rule 7.3.7. and 7.1.2, however, A roster change cannot be submitted between the two playoff games. This is intended to encourage our provincial/national Men’s/Women’s teams to participate with their full squads should there be shifting that happens for these events during a DW season.
The referee is not required to inform you that your spares may cause you to forfeit as they do not have access to the league’s e-mail!
What you need to know outside of game-time:
- If you win your division, all players that attended at least 3 games will win the appropriate medal (Gold for a gold division, silver for a silver division, and bronze for a bronze division).
- A player may NOT register to be on the roster for more than one team in any given division. (Ex: you could sign up to play in Sunday silver and Sunday gold and Monday silver no problem, but you could not sign up on two Sunday gold or two Monday silver teams)
- If an opposing captain denies your requested spares you are not allowed to argue their decision, find someone else! If they deny your second request for spares, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mediate the situation. If a captain is found to be belligerent or rude during this process, please send a copy of the conversation to email@example.com and the offending team will receive a penalty which, depending on the severity of the offense, will be a forfeit.
Are these your players’ actual names, or the name they have on facebook?
We will not accept fake facebook names. The names of your players must be accurate as we need to submit them to our insurance provider.
6.7) Draft league Spares policy
6.7.1) If your team will have less than 6 players, you can reach out to any player that is also in the draft division that is not on the first page (top 20) and has an average of 20 points per game or less (total score divided by games present).
6.7.2) Team Captains are NOT permitted to be a spare.
6.7.3) If you cannot find anyone within the league, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org we can arrange spares for you.
6.7.4) For teams playing in the top 4 for semi-finals, and the championship match, spares are not permitted.
6.8) Draft league permanent replacement policy (effective Spring 2022)
6.8.1) If a player cannot participate in draft for the remainder of the season, the team captain may bring attention to the league for a permanent replacement. A reason must be given, the reason must be involuntary & take the player out for the remainder of the season.
Involuntary examples that work; geographic (travel) due to unforeseen circumstances, employment change, injury, and the player would not return, or it is not clear that they would return before the final game of the playoffs.
6.8.2) The replacement player must be approved by the league as being of equal or lesser skill.
6.8.3) The metrics that will largely be considered for the replacement will be as follows; Points per game, total previous captaincies, history of representation of Manitoba as a high performance athlete, current presence on competitive rosters.
6.8.4) If the league is unable to make a decision based on the above, the other captains may be petitioned privately for a vote.
6.8.5) The replaced player will not be permitted to return to the team for the remainder of the season.
6.8.6) The permanent replacement cannot be requested later than 48H before the first playoff game.
The winning team will all receive gold medals, as well as the team name engraved on the Huen Cup. The team captain will receive a ball for their teammates to sign.